American Producer Leaves Massive R94k Tip for Mossel Bay Waiter, Splits It with Coworkers

Posted by Brenda Moya on Tuesday, May 7, 2024
  • Marcia Kimpton, an American actress and producer, blessed the staff of a Mossel Bay restaurant with an enormous R94 000 tip
  • Kimpton was extremely impressed by the service she received from waiter Zathan McCarthy and offered him a large amount of money
  • The selfless McCarthy thought it was only right to split the R94 000 with his coworkers in a heartwarming moment

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly News on your News Feed!

American producer and actress Marcia Kimpton gave the staff of Delfino's Restaurant in Mossel Bay a day to remember. Kimpton left a massive R94 000 tip for Zathan McCarthy, a waiter at the Western Cape restaurant.

McCarthy's big heart resulted in him sharing the enormous tip with his colleagues. Kimpton shared a post on her Instagram Story, explaining that she had gone shark diving before eating and was so impressed by her waiter that she decided he was deserving of the tip.

According to AlgoaFM, McCarthy spoke to them about his encounter with Kimpton. The waiter explained that Kimpton said she would bless him and enquired if he would bless someone else after the fact.

McCarthy added that he decided to share the tip with his colleagues as he was raised to be selfless and mindful of others. A report by The South African revealed that Delfino's Restaurant's management confirmed that the large transaction had gone through.

Enjoy reading our stories? Download the BRIEFLY NEWS app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Overjoyed waiter receives R4k tip from a generous customer, shares story

In similar news, Briefly News previously reported that a young waiter had his day made after receiving a large tip from a generous customer. Taking to Facebook's ImStaying group, Elton Thamangani explained how a customer, who is a regular at the restaurant, blessed him with cash.

"Just thought I could share this there are so many good people out there. When we opened restaurants after Level 3 lockdown, one of our local customers came to our restaurant and l served him with much joy as we had not seen each other for months; we laughed, talked and cracked jokes."When it was time for him to pay the bill of R3 800 he added R4 000 as a tip. At first, I thought I was dreaming but I wasn't. There is nothing that beats the joy of being loved and appreciated. I just want to say thank you. #ImStaying," he wrote.

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfLGxzqmjnmdhZoF1gZNmmKadop6worqMqamonKWYsrN5y56Yr52jYrqiv9KirZ5lom6BrHnToqdmpZ%2BowKa4jJuYsmWnlra1sdFmqqmkmanAbrXTZpqor5%2BnuKa%2B0mg%3D